Hiring substitute teacher and educational assistant pool
Types of Substitutes
- Certified Substitute – substitute for classroom teachers – please note you do not have to be a subject area expert to substitute for a classroom teacher
- For the 2020-21 school year the school has waived the requirement of a bachelor’s degree to substitute in certified positions.
- Classified Substitute – substitute for support positions (i.e. tutors, special education assistants, school support assistants, etc.)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Pay – $11 an hour
- Must complete fingerprinting and pass a background check